Posted March 13th, 2010 by admin with Comments Off
So, I’m running a bit behind on my “Best of…” list but I’ve finally sat down and given it some thought so I think I’ll share.
My favorite corporate worship song that I led last year are:
1. “Christ is Risen” by Matt Maher: Man that song just bleeds the Kingdom of God. So triumphant and powerful it’s an Easter song that lasts all year.
2. “Glorious Impossible” by Carl Cartee: If Maher’s is an Easter song that lasts all year then Cartee’s is a modern-day Christmas hymn with the power to also last all year. I honestly don’t know a thing about Carl other than this song but if this is the only song he’s ever written he still deserves bonus kudos for having touched this.
3. “Glory to God Forever” by Fee: For as much as I loved his last c.d. (though I prefer the indie version to the major-label re-release) I’m not a huge fan of his newest though it’s mostly issues with production style. That said “Glory…” is hands-down one of the most singable and most worth-singing songs of ’09.
My favorite cd’s of ’09:
1. ”No line on the Horizon” by U2
2. ”Travel II” by Future of Forestry
3. ”You are my Sunshine” by Copeland
Favorite Worship c.d. of ’09:
“Your Kingdom Come” by Matt Papa
Favorite book of ’09:
“Your God is too Safe” by Jared C. Wilson